Leasing a Hangar or tiedown
Are you looking to lease a County-owned hangar or tiedown for the storage of your airplane? We have included helpful and important information, policies, and applications that you can obtain by following the links on this page. At times, there is a waitlist for the specific hangar size you may be in the market for. Please see Waitlist Tab for current availability for County hangars and sizes and rents. Tie downs are plentiful at Camarillo and maps and availability can be provided upon request. Please note that hangars are for aircraft storage only – No vehicle storage, RVs, watercraft, etc. are allowed.
County Hangars and Tie Down agreements require the following documents; once you have those prepared please call the DOA office for an appointment to finalize your application.
- County Hangar or Tie Down Agreement signed (but not dated)
- Lessee Input Form
- Certificate of Insurance (see attachment for insurance qualifications to forward to your agent)
- Gate card application
- Take and pass the on line driver’s training
- Copy of current driver’s license (to present in person)
- Copy of FAA registration for your aircraft. If the aircraft is in the name of a corporation/LLC please provide the documents evidencing your connection to that entity, such as the State Corporate filing, By-Laws, etc.
- Airworthiness certificate or copy of your last annual service
- Payment by check of first month’s rent, Security deposit of same amount, Administration Fee of $150 and $20 per gate card.
Madeline Herrle, Lease Manager